Over the last few months, COVID-19 has challenged health professionals’ knowledge of infection control and has changed the dental industry forever. And if you haven’t noticed, businesses are reacting in considerable ways. The changes at most clinics are even more pronounced, given that dentists work directly in people’s mouths.
Sometimes, the best prevention practices are good old common sense. It turns out our mothers were right: washing your hands is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of infections. But how can dentists do more?
With the need to stay vigilant at an all-time high, dentistry relies on new research to stay ahead of the game when it comes to learning the best ways to deal with infection control. By using the right tools, training, and keeping up-to-date on vital information about the virus, dental offices will be able to maintain the health of not only their staff and colleagues but you, your family & friends and the Milton community.
When it comes to practicing infection control at Denali, we want to always ensure everyone’s safety by following infection control protocols without fail: every patient, every appointment, every time.
Although things have changed and will continue to get better, the one thing that always remains the same at Denali Dental is our commitment to our community’s oral health and safety and adapting to always keep up-to-date with best practices.
Moving forward, here are some changes you can expect to see at your next appointment:
– Administrative staff will be behind a protective, plexiglass barriers.
– Dental staff will be wearing more protective gear than usual, including masks, face shields, and gowns.
– Once inside the dental clinic, masks are mandatory.
– Upon entry, all patrons must use the provided hand sanitizer.
– Wooden sliding doors have been installed in each room to minimize contact between areas.
– State-of-the-art air purifiers are in each dental office.
– We will be moving towards going cashless. If possible, please make payments via debit or credit.
– We are disinfecting all surfaces frequently alongside increased cleaning and sanitizing services.
At Denali Dental, we pride ourselves on always adhering to the guidelines published by Health Canada, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), and the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO). We will continue to do so to ensure that all staff and clients are comfortable.
If you have any questions or to book an appointment, please give us a call at (289) 409-9046 or head over to our Facebook page! We’re always happy to hear from you!