Dental Implants Milton
Dental Implants and Implant Surgery in Milton
If you are missing teeth, dental implants can provide a permanent solution to restore your smile and oral function. At our practice in Milton, our dentists offer dental implant surgery to help patients replace broken or missing teeth.
Not replacing missing teeth can lead to a number of issues, including drifting of adjacent teeth, difficulty chewing and biting, and bone loss. Dental implants are a reliable option for replacing one or more lost teeth, and they can even support complete dentures. Made of titanium, dental implants are inserted into the bone beneath the gums and fuse with the bone to create a strong and stable foundation for the restoration above the gums.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth and become a permanent part of your mouth, improving the appearance of your smile.
- Improved speech: Dental implants do not slip within the mouth, allowing you to speak clearly and confidently.
- Improved comfort: Dental implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures, providing a more comfortable and secure fit.
- Easier eating: Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and boost your confidence, helping you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants do not require altering other teeth, leaving more of your natural teeth intact and improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow for easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and can last many years with good care, potentially a lifetime.
- Convenience: Dental implants eliminate the need for removable dentures and messy adhesives, providing a more convenient and hassle-free solution.
High Success Rate of Dental Implants
Dental implants have a high success rate, with up to 98% success in most cases. Proper care can help ensure that your implants last a lifetime. The specific success rate may vary depending on the location in the jaw where the implants are placed.
Understanding the Dental Implants Procedure
The first step in the dental implant process is to schedule a consultation with your dentist to determine if it is a good option for you. At Denali Dental in Milton, we offer free initial consultations for dental implants. During this appointment, you will have the opportunity to discuss the procedure in detail with your dentist and learn about all the costs involved. The dentist will also perform a complete examination of your mouth and teeth to ensure that you are a suitable candidate for dental implants.
During the dental implant surgery, the dentist will make an incision in the gums and bone to attach the implant. The implant is then placed in a small hole in the jawbone. After the implant has been placed, it needs time to integrate with the jawbone. This healing process can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
Once the implant has fully integrated, a custom crown is placed to match your adjacent teeth. The crown is attached to the implant, providing a permanent and natural-looking replacement for your missing tooth. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Eligibility for Dental Implants
Good candidates for dental implants are those with good dental hygiene, sufficient bone density, healthy gums and teeth, and no medical conditions that could affect healing. Smoking may also be a factor in your eligibility. Our dentists in Milton can assess your suitability for dental implants during a free consultation.
What is an All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure?
An all-on-4 dental implant, also known as a full-mouth dental implant, involves placing four dental implants on either the upper or lower jaw. Each implant supports a full arch of artificial upper or lower teeth or crowns that are not removable. This treatment can be an excellent alternative to dentures for patients who need to replace multiple teeth.
In the all-on-4 implant procedure, only four implants are needed. Temporary teeth can often be placed immediately after surgery, leading to the procedure also being known as "teeth-in-a-day." The teeth-in-a-day implant system allows patients to walk into the office without teeth and leave with a new set of permanent teeth on four implants the same day. This cost-effective procedure can provide effective teeth restoration in a short amount of time.
Please book an appointment with our dentists to see if dental implants are the right option for you. Denali Dental provides excellent dental implant services to our patients in Milton.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have.Ask Questions
Denali Dental offers the ability to request your dentist appointments online. Schedule an appointment now!Book Online
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms