7 Ways to maintain your oral health at home during COVID-19
The COVID-19 outbreak has undoubtedly disrupted many of our daily routines. Working from home and adjusting to new routines, has made it easy to forget just how important keeping up with dental care can be.
Dental office closures across the country during COVID-19, shows just how important it is to focus on your dental care, especially during times like these. Here are a few tips that our dentists recommend that will help you to keep your teeth in tip-top shape:
- Wash your hands – aim to thoroughly wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after any personal dental care
- Brush at least twice a day – and be sure to get those hard-to-reach spots
- Floss once a day – this helps remove bacteria and plaque in places your toothbrush may not be able to reach
- Eat a well-balanced diet – limit sticky and high sugar content snacks such as cookies and candy
- Limit snacking – constant snacking increases your risk of cavities
- Limit sugary drinks – soda and fruit juices can harm tooth enamel over time
- Drink plenty of water – drink the recommended amount of 8 glasses of water with meals as well as in-between meals
Routines for kids are especially important, like brushing twice a day and flossing daily. Many dentists’ advice is to continue to maintain a daily routine of brushing your teeth and flossing to prevent tooth decay.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have.Ask Questions
Denali Dental offers the ability to request your dentist appointments online. Schedule an appointment now!Book Online
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms